Step2 Product Cleaning Tips
Keep the Germs Away with a Deep Clean
Toys need a deep cleaning every now and then. Over time, toys pick up bacteria, so if your child has gone to school, a friend’s house, or taken their favorite doll to the grocery store, it’s a good idea to wipe down these items once you get home.
Not only will cleaning toys with disinfectants help against COVID-19, they’ll also eliminate a variety of germs, molds, and bacteria.
Step2 Toys are Easy to Clean!
If you’re wondering, “How do I clean my Step2 toy?”, check out our top cleaning tips to keep your Step2 toys clean and ready for playtime.
3 Ways to Clean:
- Disinfectant wipes or household cleaners
- 50/50 warm water and vinegar solution
- Baking soda, mild dish soap, and warm water solution
- Dry product surfaces after cleaning to keep moisture from being trapped inside.
- Use a soft brush to help clean porous surfaces or stubborn messes.
- Save the deep-cleaning supplies for after bedtime, so there’s no worry about kids ingesting any cleaning products.
- Store clean toys in a toy box or storage bin to keep them clean until your little one is ready to play!
What About Cleaning Outdoor Step2 Toys?
Please note that external/internal surface contamination is not covered under the Step2 warranty. Any Step2 item stored outside or regularly exposed to weather conditions may require cleaning and general maintenance more often.
We suggest that ride-ons, wagons, and any other products that are able to be moved not be stored outside to lower the risk of water and moisture developing inside the product.